I've been saving this posting for a quiet day and perhaps now is the time to post it. Notice that "We are Democrats because . . ." does not include:
- Clean, ethical, moral government.
- A government that values your tax dollars and spends them wisely and not wastefully.
- A government that protects its people by maintaining a strong army, police departments, fire departments and emergency care assistance.
- A government that believes in enforcing criminal laws including punishing wrongdoers and rehabilitating them for future introduction into society.
- A government that believes in good, quality education.
- A government that believes in well run elections free of fraud or chicanery.
- A sound economy with jobs and opportunities for prosperity for all.
- A strong Social Security System, Medicare and Medicaid systems for all.
So here, being reprinted verbatim, is "Why We Are Democrats:"
Why We Are Democrats
Posted November 4, 2012 by the 10th District Congressional Democrats:
- We are Democrats because we think it is our job to care about the 47%.
- We are Democrats because we believe the answer to the question “Am I my brother’s keeper?” is YES.
- We are Democrats because we believe that women do and should have the right to control their bodies and their health decisions.
- We are Democrats because we believe that discrimination based on who you are and who you love should be illegal.
- We are Democrats because we believe that all Americans deserve decent food, shelter, education, and health care.
- We are Democrats because we believe that all Americans should pay their fair share of taxes.
- We are Democrats because we support Israel.
- We are Democrats because we believe that a society is judged on how it cares for the least fortunate, not on how well it protects the most wealthy.
- We are Democrats because we believe that the Second Amendment to the Constitution does not prohibit reasonable gun control.
- We are Democrats because we believe that government should actively protect our environment and yes, we believe that climate change is real and is affected by our activities.
We just turned the clock back for the end of Daylight Saving Time. Don’t turn the clock back on our country on Tuesday. We need to keep moving forward. Vote Democratic. Vote for all the Democrats on the ballot. Only you can move our country forward.